- CPU Performance improvements across all presets.
- Added new amp types: Matchbox D-30 EF86, FAS Express, Triple Crest 2, Triple Crest 3, PVH 6160+ Crunch Bright, PVH 6160+ Clean Bright.
- Block Updates (Find details in the Fractal Audio Systems Block Guide):
- Gate: Improved Downward Expander
- Tremolo: Added Optical type
- PEQ: Added Slope controls
- Plex Delay: Added Stack/Hold
- Reverb: Added Dispersion.
- Improved power tube modeling yields smoother overdrive especially for semi-clean and edge-of-distortion tones.
- Improved FM3-Edit preset switching time when certain blocks are present.
- Improved USB audio performance and stability, reduced recording latency.
- Clarified polarity options under I/O: Pedal: Switch Settings.
- Improved how the position of pedals is detected after startup.
- Fixed “banner messages” on the Tools page of the layout menu.
- Parameter values now update when changed via a modifier.
- FM3-Edit now honors the global setting for “Default Scene”.
- Fixed “Astable” LFO type.
- Fixed audio drop in Shred Distortion type.
- Fixed MIDI clock sync issues.
- Scratchpads now properly initialize on boot.
- Added “OUTPUT 2” as an option for “USB 3,4 Record Source”.
- LEDs and Display will no longer flicker when FM3 is powered off with USB connected.
- Fixed Copy/Paste Block and Channel errors for the Amp and Delay blocks.
- Added ECONOMY mode to the Reverb (from Axe-Fx III v12.08). Pre-existing presets will default to this new setting, which produces excellent results at considerably reduced CPU.
- FC: LED rings for Looper functions will now be OFF if the Looper is not in the preset.
- FC: “LOOPER BLOCK NOT FOUND IN THIS PRESET” message now shown when appropriate.
- FC: The “Advanced” switch page is no longer blank after the FC banner has been displayed.
- FC: The Tuner now exits in all cases after using “Reveal Hold”.
- FC: Loading Factory Default Layouts now correctly initializes Layout Link Views.
- FC: Fixed stand in switches sometimes not responding to the first press.
- FC: Fixed the Tuner display when activated from an FM3 footswitch.
- FC: Stand in switches now honor the Hold Function Mode “SWITCH UP” setting.
April 7, 2020
- Fixed an issue that was causing instability in some cases.
March 31, 2020
- Added support for FM3-Edit Scene Manager.
- Fix interaction of Global Scales with the FM3-Edit.
- USB “DI” recording levels corrected.
- Looper “Undo” now works as it does on the Axe-Fx III.
- Preset storing is now faster.
- Knob D on the HOME screen now changes the “FC View” within the current layout of the FM3.
- When Tuner is assigned as a hold function, you can now exit the Tuner with a single tap.
- The following blocks have been updated with changes from their counterparts on the Axe-Fx-III:
Chorus, Compressor, Drive, Enhancer, Filter, Flanger, Formant, Gate, Graphic EQ, Input, Send, Return, Looper, Megatap, Phaser. The features and CPU usage of these blocks may have changed, and any presets that contain them should be checked.
- Output2 Global EQ feature added to SETUP: Global Settings.
- When using the “Output 2 Copy” feature (in SETUP: I/O) the options “INPUT 1” and “OUTPUT 1” now produce increased level at Out 2 to better match the level at Out 1 without.
- FC: Stand-in switches now help prevent false triggering if no switch is plugged in.
- FC: Display now shows looper “Record 2nd Press” function (OVERDUB, PLAY, or STOP).
- FC: Tap tempo now works across all Views.
- FC: “View” functions are now available when creating per-preset switches.
- FC: Tap tempo now works when using a stand-in switch.
- FC: “View Inc” and “View Dec” mini-LCD now works when when “Destination #” is selected.
- FC: The MLM and certain View functions now work as intended on a connected FC-6.
- FC: The main LCD will now display the correct first preset in the bank if the Global Setting for “Display Offset” is set to ‘1.’
February 13, 2020
- Small changes to some amp types.
February 11, 2020
- This is the first public release. See the FM3 Owner’s Manual for details.