Always do a full backup with Fractal-Bot before loading any new firmware so you can restore later
Firmware 12.08 Public Beta for the Axe-Fx III has been released. Click here to visit the forum download link. Below are the release notes.
Axe-Edit also has a Public Beta available here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-iii-1-05-12-beta-1.160405/
12.08 Public Beta is a Beta and not a final release version. Most betas are stable enough to gig with, but if you’re concerned, on a tour, or in a recording session, it may be best to let others test it.
This Public Beta continues to improve the compressor block with a new Type and an adjustment to the Attack Time. Pitch elements are improved as well showing in the Pitch block for the Crystal Echos and Plex Delay block. A few other blocks are updated including new amp types based on Peavey amps. Finally a few FC tweaks were implemented.
Click here for the complete list of Release Notes for the Axe-Fx III.
12.08 Public Beta Release Notes:
- Decreased minimum Attack Time of Compressor block to 0.1 ms. Existing presets are automatically updated.
- Added JFET Compressor type.
- Improved Intelligent Pitch Shifter algorithm. This applies to all Pitch types except Dual and Quad Detune or when the Tracking Mode is set to “Off”.
- Improved Crystal Echoes algorithm. The Crossfade Time and Crossfade Type parameters have been removed as they are no longer applicable.
- Improved Plex Shift and Plex Shimmer types in the Plex block. The Cross-fade parameter has been removed. For the Plex Detune type the Cross-fade parameter has been renamed Granule Length as that is a more accurate description.
- Improved Envelope Followers in Megatap, Multitap and Plex Delay blocks.
- Added PVH 6160+ Clean Bright and PVH 6160+ Crunch Bright amp models based on a Peavey 6505+ Rhythm channel with the Bright switch engaged. Note that the bright switch on this channel does not engage a capacitor on the drive potentiometer as is typical but instead disengages a treble cut circuit.
- Renamed PVH 6160+ Rhythm and PVH Rhythm B models PHV 6160+ Clean and PVH 6160+ Crunch respectively for clarity.
- Improved Downward Expander in Gate block when Detector Type is “Peak”.
- Fixed wrong resistor value in Brit JVM models causing excessive blocking distortion.
- Fixed using Astable LFO type in some effects causes noise.
- Fixed switching between types in Chorus block can causes clicks.
- Fixed wrong default Depth value for 5153 Red model (real amp has fixed depth resistor). Removed Depth controls from all 5153 Authentic GUI pages (except 5153 50W Blue for which the real amp does have a Depth control).
- FC: Views for Layout Link will now be restored properly after reboot.
- FC: When entering the Master Layout menu via the switch-combo, the FC-6 will now always go to View 1.
- FC: Per-Preset labels will no longer be displayed for unassigned switches.