Always do a full backup with Fractal-Bot before loading any new firmware so you can restore later
Firmware 3.03 for the Axe-Fx II has been released. Below are the release notes.
Click here for the complete list of Release Notes for the Axe-Fx II.
3.03 Release Notes:
- Amp block now has high-res mode. In this mode the internal sampling rate is doubled so as to provide greater fidelity and resistance to aliasing. This mode is automatic and is selected whenever there is only amp block in the layout grid. Adding a second amp block will revert to normal resolution. Note that switching between presets with differing number of amp blocks may introduce an additional delay as a “soft reset” of the amp blocks must be done whenever changing the resolution.
- Increased precision of many of the filters in the amp block. The new filters now have eight additional bits of mantissa precision which increases filter accuracy, especially at low frequencies.
- Fixed popping and zipper noise in Amp block under certain Damping settings.
- Fixed Modifier not being recalled along with effect when doing Recall Effect.
- Added Global Block support via MIDI. This allows Axe-Edit to dump Global Blocks for off-board storage.
- Fixed spurious interrupt causing lockups when USB is connected.
- Fixed sections of audio being erased from Looper on preset changes.
- Fixed Cabinet block IR corruption when running in Mono Hi-Res mode in certain scenarios. Improved warping algorithm so as to provide higher fidelity.
- Added “Brit JVM” amp model. Based on the OD2 channel of a Marshall JVM.