Always do a full backup with Fractal-Bot before loading any new firmware so you can restore later
Firmware 2.00 for the Axe-Fx II has been released. Below are the release notes.
Click here for the complete list of Release Notes for the Axe-Fx II.
2.00 Release Notes:
NOTE: THIS VERSION WILL LIKELY CHANGE THE SOUND OF EXISTING PRESETS. THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS TO THE AMP MODELING. YOU SHOULD AUDITION ALL YOUR PRESETS AFTER INSTALLATION AND CHECK FOR PROPER OPERATION AND TONE. AN AMP MODEL CAN BE RESET BY TEMPORARILY CHANGING THE AMP TYPE AND THEN CHANGING BACK TO THE DESIRED TYPE. THIS WILL LOAD THE MODEL WITH DEFAULT PARAMETERS.
NOTE: ALTHOUGH THE AXE-FX II WILL AUTOMATICALLY REBOOT UPON UPDATING THE FIRMWARE IT IS RECOMMENDED TO POWER CYCLE THE UNIT AFTER INSTALLING THIS FIRMWARE.
NOTE: DUE TO THE LARGE NUMBER OF CHANGES IN THIS FIRMWARE YOU MAY NEED TO RESET YOUR SYSTEM PARAMETERS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE STRANGE PRESET BEHAVIOR AFTER INSTALLING THIS PRESET WE RECOMMEND PERFORMING A PARAMETER RESET VIA THE UTILITY MENU.
- Added “Triode Hardness” parameter to amp block. This parameter controls how sharply the triodes enter saturation and can be used to simulate softer or harder tubes. The default value is 5.0 and is set to this value whenever the type is changed. The effect of this is subtle and most apparent at edge of breakup. Lower values give softer saturation, higher values give a more aggressive breakup.
NOTE: Existing presets should be checked as this value may load to a value of other than 5.0 depeding upon what version of firmware was originally used to create the preset. All factory presets have been reworked as the factory presets will load to 0.0.
- Exposed the second-to-last triode plate frequency: Triode1 Plate Freq. This parameter sets the cutoff frequency of the plate impedance for the next-to-last triode in the chain. Many amps have a capacitor across this triode’s plate resistor. This capacitor is used to smooth the response and reduce noise. You can adjust the amount of capacitance, and the resulting frequency, using this parameter. The last triode plate capacitor is also exposed: Triode2 Plate Freq.
- Reworked most amp models. Corrected various mistakes and updated Miller capacitance values based on recent research.
- Added SOLO X99 LEAD model. Based on the lead channel of a Soldano X99 preamp.
- Added RECTO ORG MDRN model. Based on the Modern channel of a new Dual Rectifier with the voicing in the Modern position.
- Added Cabinet Size warping. This allows the user to change the relative size of the speaker. Note: feature only available in Mono modes.
- Reverted Output Level tapers to original taper.
- Reduced power-off pop. For maximum suppresion of output transients at power-down turn the Output Level controls full CCW before turning power off.
- Added Low Rate Mult parameter to Rotary block. This parameter adjusts the rate of the virtual LF drum relative to the HF rotor.
- Added Time Const. Parameters to Rotary block. These parameters control how fast the respective rates change in response to changes in the rate.
- Added Input Select to Volume block.
- Exposed Mixer block Output Mode parameter to Modification.
- Improved GUI performance. Screen draws are now faster which should reduce sluggishness at high CPU usage. Added knob highlights for kicks.
- Fixed bypass state not being saved properly when switching between X/Y and then changing state.
- Fixed Looper block not reporting controllers correctly to MFC-101.
- Fixed Pitch block using same custom scale degrees for both X and Y.
- Fixed MIDI processing not handling running status properly.
- Fixed CPU usage increasing if USB not initialized.