Always do a full backup with Fractal-Bot before loading any new firmware so you can restore later
Firmware 19.00 for the Axe-Fx II has been released. Below are the release notes.
Click here for the complete list of Release Notes for the Axe-Fx II.
19.00 Release Notes:
- Improved many of the Drive models by applying “G3” techniques. Note that this may cause significant changes to the behavior of some models. Of particular note is that the taper of the Drive and Level controls has changed in many of the models and may differ substantially from previous firmware. Models that have been fully converted to G3 models are indicated in the name.
- Added a new Clip Type to the Drive block. The “Variable” type allows the user to adjust the shape of the clipping using the new “Clip Shape” parameter. Low values of Clip Shape give a smooth, focused tone while high values give a harder, brasher sound.
- Improved Cabinet block Motor Drive algorithm. The new algorithm more accurately models power compression.
- Improved Amp block power tube plate current calculation. This results in increased clarity, improved feel/attack and better edge of breakup distortion texture. The default Power Tube Bias values have been updated to reflect this change and existing presets will be updated automatically to the new values.
- Changed all references to “CK” in the Cab block to “ML”.
- The Output Compressor in the Amp block now features two modes of operation: Output and Feedback. These modes are set using the new Comp Type parameter. “Output” is the previous type where the compressor acts on the output of the block. “Feedback” also compresses the block output but applies dynamics to the input of the block based on the output compression. The “Comp Clarity” parameter adjusts the bass response of the input dynamics and can be used to add clarity to the bass.
- Added EQ Location parameter to Amp block. The sets the position of the graphic EQ. The default value of “Post P.A.” places the EQ at the output of the power amp. “Pre P.A.” places the EQ between the preamp and power amp.
- Increased the maximum Drive available in the Delay block. This allows adding distortion to the echoes when using the Delay block before an Amp block. Existing presets will automatically be updated to reduce the Drive accordingly.
- Increased the maximum Drive available in the Multi-Delay block. This allows adding distortion to the echoes when using the Multi-Delay block before an Amp block. Existing presets will automatically be updated to reduce the Drive accordingly.
- Increased Frequency Multiplier range in Ring Modulator block to 0.25-4.0. Existing presets using the Ring Mod should be auditioned to ensure proper operation.
- “G3’d” the Citrus A30 amp models and 6G4 Super amp model.
- Improved detector performance in Multiband Compressor.
- Improved detector performance in Compressor block Dynamics mode.
- Replaced factory cabs 19, 20, 21, 104, 105 and 127 with “Mic+DI” UltraRes IRs from upcoming “Universal Noise Storage 3” cab pack.
- Added “5F8 Tweed” amp model based on a 1959 Fender Twin Amp. This particular model is based on Keith Urban’s “#1”. Thank you Keith for allowing us the use of your prized amplifier.
- Amp block Type dialog now wraps around when using Nav Up or Nav Down buttons.
- Fixed “Thordendal” amp models referencing wrong default tone stack.