Always do a full backup with Fractal-Bot before loading any new firmware so you can restore later
Firmware 18.08 for the Axe-Fx II has been released. Below are the release notes.
Click here for the complete list of Release Notes for the Axe-Fx II.
18.08 Release Notes:
- “G3’d” the Herbie, Citrus RV50, Badger 30 and USA IIC+ amp models.
- Added two new USA IIC+ models. There are now four models for this amp:
- USA IIC+: Pull Bright off, Pull Deep off.
- USA IIC+ Bright: Pull Bright on, Pull Deep off.
- USA IIC+ Deep: Pull Bright off, Pull Deep on.
- USA IIC+ Brt/Dp: Pull Bright on, Pull Deep on.
- Note that the Pull Bright on the amp’s Volume knob is equivalent to the model’s Bright Switch under the Treble control and the Pull Shift on the amp’s Treble knob is equivalent to the model’s Fat switch under the Mid control.
- There are now four Preamp Tube Types:
- Short Plate: an accurate model of a modern “short plate” production 12AX7.
- Long Plate: an accurate model of a classic “long plate” 12AX7.
- Modern: An idealized 12AX7 model. This is the same model from version 18.04 firmware. This model is useful for high gain tones that can benefit from the increased clarity and string separation.
- Vintage: Another idealized 12AX7 model also from version 18.04 firmware. Has a softer breakup than the Modern model. Useful for “vintage” tones where more base nonlinearity is present.