Always do a full backup with Fractal-Bot before loading any new firmware so you can restore later
Firmware 17.03 for the Axe-Fx II has been released. Below are the release notes.
Click here for the complete list of Release Notes for the Axe-Fx II.
17.03 Release Notes:
- Improved power amp screen grid and anode voltage dependence calculations. This results in more “open” tone and improved dynamic response especially when the virtual power amp is overdriven. This has necessitated changes to the default Cathode Squish value for the some models. Existing presets will have the Cathode Squish value updated automatically upon recall.
- Added “65 Bassguy Bass” amp model. This is the bass channel of an AB165 Bassman. The existing “65 Bassguy” model has been renamed “65 Bassguy Nrml” to indicate that it is the normal channel.
- Added “Vibra-King Fat” amp model.
- List menus now wrap at limits when using up or down Nav buttons for easier access to parameters at the opposite end of the list.
- Fixed Mr Z Hwy 66 model gain dropping if Drive set above 9.5.
- Fixed wrong stage gain in Deluxe Verb amp model.
- Fixed wrong triode plate voltage in 1987X models.
- Fixed wrong B+ capacitor value in 1959SLP and Plexi 100W amp models.
- Fixed wrong transformer matching value and wrong coupling capacitor value in Citrus Terrier model.
- Fixed various errors in the Suhr Badger models. Re-MIMIC’d models accordingly. Note that these amps do not have Hi-Cut controls and the Hi-Cut control in the model is therefore non-functional.
- Fixed wrong Tone pot value in Ruckus model in Drive block.
- Fixed Hold in Ping-Pong Delay not working properly. Note that this fix will increase the level of the echoes in existing presets.