Always do a full backup with Fractal-Bot before loading any new firmware so you can restore later
Firmware 15.04 for the Axe-Fx II has been released. Below are the release notes.
Click here for the complete list of Release Notes for the Axe-Fx II.
15.04 Release Notes:
- Added “Lowhshelf 2” and “Highshelf 2” EQ types to Filter and Parametric EQ blocks (in the Parametric EQ block these are referred to as “Shelving 2” types). These types recreate the analog shelving filters found on classic mixing consoles. These filters are somewhat quirky and exhibit “overshoot” which gives them a certain musical quality. Set the Q between 0.5 and 0.707 to recreate those classic sounds or experiment with the Q for different amounts of overshoot. These filter types are great for getting that massive sound associated with passive equalization.
- Added selectable filter types to bands 2 and 4 in the Parametric EQ block. These bands can now be set to Peaking, Shelving or Shelving 2 types (where Shelving 2 selects a Lowshelf 2 for band 2 and a Highshelf 2 for band 4).
- Added various “Passive EQ” types to Graphic EQ and Amp blocks. These EQ types are modeled after classic analog EQs and specifically tuned for guitar amp equalization.
- Added “Master Q” parameter to Graphic EQ block. This parameter adjusts the Q of all bands. A value of 1.0 sets the Q to the default value (typically one octave). Lower values increase the bandwidth and overlap of each band, higher values decrease the bandwidth.
- Added runaway feedback protection to Tape Delay algorithm when Drive is set to zero.
- Moved Noisegate and Main Output edit menus in Layout page. To enter these menus select the “In/Gate” or “Output” blocks in the layout grid and press Edit. The Layout grid now “wraps around” as well.
- Added Modifier connectivity to Threshold and Ratio parameters in Noisegate.
- Fixed 5153 Blue amp model causing lockups.
- Added 256 more preset locations for Axe-Fx II XL models (768 total).