Always do a full backup with Fractal-Bot before loading any new firmware so you can restore later
Firmware 10.10 for the Axe-Fx II has been released. Below are the release notes.
Click here for the complete list of Release Notes for the Axe-Fx II.
10.10 Release Notes:
- Fixed Level parameters not modifiable in Custom Shift mode of Pitch block.
- Improved Reverb algorithm. This new algorithm has a smoother tail response and a more natural sound. A new reverb type, “Studio”, has been added which models classic digital studio reverb units.
- Increased maximum modulation depth of Reverb block. This results in more intense modulation effects at high Depth settings.
- Improved WahWah block. Improved transfer function yields more authentic and fatter tone. The Wah block now features selectable models of actual wah pedals. The “Taper” parameter selects the sweep response. The “Fat” parameter modifies the “pedestal” of the transfer function which can be used to fatten the response. These parameters are set to default values when a model is selected. Currently available models are:
- FAS Standard – Equivalent to the “Bandpass” setting in earlier firmware.
- Clyde – Based on an original Vox Clyde McCoy wah.
- Cry Babe – Based on a Dunlop Cry Baby.
- VX846 – Based on a Vox V846-HW handwired wah.
- Color-Tone – Based on a Colorsound wah.
- Funk – Modeled after the “Shaft” sound.
- Mortal – Based on a Morley wah/wolume pedal.
Note: existing presets that use the WahWah block should be reset by selecting or reselecting the desired wah model.
- The Amp block now differentiates amps that have both Input Drive and Overdrive controls, i.e. Mesa Mark series, Dumble, etc. When a model is selected for amps of this type, the menu shows both controls. For other types the menu shows only the Input Drive control (which was formerly called simply “Drive”). The Overdrive control defaults to noon when amps with this control are selected. As such, any presets based on these amps may need to be updated as this control was not present previously and the amount of drive may differ now. Note that these two controls are applied to the appropriate point in the circuit for the amp being modeled, i.e. for Dumble-style amps the Overdrive is prior to the last triode stage, in Mesa Mark amps the Overdrive is applied prior to the third triode.
- The Boost control has been added to the Advanced tab of the Amp block menu as this control position is used for the Drive control for certain models (see above).
- Transformer distortion modeling is now independent of transformer match value. Before the amount of distortion was also dependent on the match value making adjustment more difficult.
- Added Classic mode of Carol-Ann TripTik amp model. The previous model has been renamed “TripTik Modern”.
- Added TripTik Clean amp model based on Carol-Ann TripTik clean channel.
- Added two custom “Thordendal” amp models built to Fredirik Thordendal’s specifications.