Always do a full backup with Fractal-Bot before loading any new firmware so you can restore later
Firmware 10.06 for the Axe-Fx II has been released. Below are the release notes.
Click here for the complete list of Release Notes for the Axe-Fx II.
10.06 Release Notes:
- Added “Ruby Rocket” amp model based on a Paul Ruby Rocket.
- Added “Class-A 20 DLX” amp model based on a Morgan AC20 Deluxe. This model was matched to the amp with the input tube switch in the EF86 position and the Normal/Brilliant switch in the Normal position. The Brilliant setting can be simulated by setting the LOW CUT FREQ parameter to approximately 250 Hz.
- Added “Prince Tone Rev” amp model based on a 1966 Fender Princeton Reverb. The other Princeton models have been renamed “Prince Tone Twd” (Tweed) and “Prince Tone NR” (Non-Reverb) for clarity.
- Added “Comet Concourse” amp model based on a Komet Concorde. This model was matched with the Response switch in the “Fast” position. To replicate the “Gradual” position reduce the Input Trim to approximately 0.25.
- Added “FAS Modern II” model. This is a tighter version of the popular FAS Modern model with a 5150-style bass boost in the tone stack.
- Re-MIMIC’d Dizzy V4 channel 3 and 4 models due to complaints of excessive bass response.
- Fixed incorrect capacitor value and wrong shelving filter field in all Recto models. Re-MIMIC’d models accordingly.
- Fixed wrong shelving filter field in 5153 Blue and 5153 Red models.
- Added five new cabinets from our “Producer Pack” series.
In Version 10 many of the factory cabinets were remixed so as to sound more “in the room”. Some users, however, prefer the studio polished sound of the Version 9 cabinets. Therefore 14 cabinets from Version 9 have been added to the factory cabinets. These cabinets are indicated by “(V9)” in their names.